Dr. Kimya N. Dennis, Assistant Professor of Sociology and Criminal Studies at Salem College, is conducting research on the experiences of Black men who are voluntarily childfree. The following are minimum requirements for participation:
1. Minimum 18 years of age
2. Identify as a man who is Black, African American, or of the more immediate African diaspora. This is not limited by country of citizenship and residence.
3. You have decided not to have biological or adopted children and are therefore voluntarily childfree.
4. You are not raising a dependent who is a child.
5. You consider this a permanent decision.
6. As far as you are concerned, this decision does not “depend”. This decision is not “for the time being”. This decision will not change if you find the “right partner.”
If you agree to participate, there will be one phone (or in-person) interview based on your availability. Interview participants will remain confidential and known only to the researcher. Interview responses will not be documented using respondent names or other identifying information. No names or identifying information will be included in any publications or presentations based on your response.
If interested please contact Kimya N. Dennis email@example.com.
Kimya N. Dennis, Ph.D.